Wednesday, February 16, 2011

more about my dream wedding

So, I was trying to think of some ways that I could incorporate more of the boutique style that I love into my own wedding...I came up with a couple of interesting touches that I think I am sold on...

I love walking into a wedding where the bride has picked very intricate table settings. Full on with chargers, place settings, elaborate center pieces, neat favors etc....full place settings....

So, here are some of my ideas...
For my place settings, I think I want to have images of old vintage cameras...each one from a different decade done in a sketch style...marking the year of the camera and obviously that would be the table number. I also have a large number of cameras that I could use to also place on the tables as well for some added dimension....

The other thing is that Mike, my husband, is a musician...so I have a few old instruments that would be really neat to put out on display also...again, adding to the unique feel for what I want....

Another thing that drives me crazy at weddings is to walk up to a fancy table and see salt and pepper shakers and sugar packets on tables...so, I thought that I would find little bird salt and pepper shakers. You all know how I love my birds...so the birds would eliminate that generic feel and add something more personal to the tables.


I also came across something the other day...Since I am an artist...and my lead second shooter is an artist...I am thinking about filling most of the wall space in my preferred venue with small paintings done by family/friends...and giving them away as favors. They will be completely framed and all uniform..but I think it's a really neat idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment